Monday, August 10, 2009

The CSC Program & My Assignment

The Corporate Service Corp (CSC) program is a signature component of IBMs Global Citizens program (announced July 2007). It provides opportunities for IBMers to develop global leadership skills and develop as a global corporate citizen.
The CSC program addresses the worlds most challenging societal, environmental, and education issues. Working in diverse, multi-national teams IBMers provide in depth business and IT consulting support to clients in strategic emerging markets.
In 2008 100 IBMers completed their assignments, this year the program is being extended to 500 participants -- I'm part of the 3rd team working in China alongside 8 other team members. IBMers reading this blog - if you want to learn more about CSC go to 'website (behind firewall) at https://w3.webahead.ibm.com/CorporateServiceCorpsRegistration/. For everyone else, check out the New York Times article link (see right panel).
It wasn't long after I'd been accepted to the program that I heard I'd be deployed to China, and quickly after that the 3 months of prework began. This involves completion of a modularized online education program (covering logistics, cultural adaptability, teambuilding & leadership, to name a few topics). Aditionally weekly calls with the larger team and our NGO commenced to better understand our mandate while in China. I've included a link to the right called Our Assignment - under that you'll find links to a list of our very diverse team, and more details on my assignment (Public Sector subteam) -- check it out.

4 comments:

  1. We're very proud of you! Enjoy this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I loved my time in Romania as part of the CSC program, I know you will have an amazing experience and I can't wait to read about all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bonnie!! I hope you are having a great time in Chengdu so far...looking forward to reading more about your project and experiences. Most of all, I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of you with a baby panda! :)

    ReplyDelete